Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Into That Glass Of Broken Dreams (poem)



Into That Glass Of Broken Dreams

how many times can I brake
for my hearts sake
it cant stay awake
I'm mourning the words
to describe how I feel
as I drink up to find happiness
at the bottom of that glass
do you see
this world doesn't matter to me
I will give up all I have just to breath
as my world falls from underneath
so you play with my heart
it now breaks spilling that red blood
these bones I have turn to ash
my heart I feel it crash
trying to find happiness
at the bottom of that glass
well excuse me while I die
I don't want to try
because your face makes me cry
looking into that glass my blood spills
when I'm taking my pills
so I stand here broken
I'm unspoken
with my broken glass
I'm falling to pieces
what am I suppose to say
when I know your OK
what am I suppose to do
looking into the bottom of that glass
trying to find happiness

This poem is about a man who has just lost everything and everyone. He took on drinking to stop his pain and to try to find happiness at the bottom of a glass. Which i wrote because there are so many people that do try to find happiness in drinking or drugs or anything they think would work. but there is only one thing that will make them happy which is God I didn't really him in this poem but its true he is the only one that will make you happy and feel full.

No comments:

Post a Comment